Have you ignored email marketing so far?
If you hear voices out there claiming that the old saying, “The money is in the list” is outdated and the email marketing is dead, you shouldn’t doubt your mental sanity. These voices are real, but it doesn’t mean they’re right.
Yes, we have our emails flooded with spam, but in spite of this sad truth, email marketing is still a must for any digital entrepreneur that doesn’t want to leave the money on the table.
According to a study performed by HubSpot, more than 50% of the email users read most of the emails they receive. More so, another research (Convince & Convert Digital Marketing Advisors) points out that 44% of the receivers of marketing emails buy at least once, and we are talking about sells determined exclusively by promotional emails received from the seller. Other studies showed that email marketing is far more effective than social media advertising (40 times more efficient than Facebook and Twitter together)
In my opinion, these numbers are more than convincing. Even if you never heard of HubSpot or Convince & Convert Digital Marketing Advisors, it’s enough to take a look at the brands that use the most powerful email marketing services to figure out that they can’t be wrong.
GetResponse is used by Hilton, Avon, Citroen, international organizations like UNESCO, and other 350.000 entrepreneurs.
Aweber also has more than 100.000 customers that use their email marketing services to manage their newsletters.
Mailerlite has been chosen by brands like BMW, Boredpanda, DFDS Seaways, GoPro or FWA.
Email marketing is used by all the companies, but it’s not reserved for the big guys. Email marketing services offer different plans according to the number of subscribers, and if you compare it with other marketing methods, it’s still the most affordable. It’s not time-consuming and it does not imply costly human resources (like cold-calling). More so, you can easily link it to your blog and social media marketing, and they will empower each other.
The list of prospects and customers is the most important asset of your business.
Now you’re thinking about your flooded spam folder and the other hundreds of promotional emails you manually delete without opening every morning, wondering when the hell have you subscribed to receive all that junk in your mailbox. That’s right, if you want your email marketing to be effective, if you want your emails to be opened and read, if you want to turn your prospects into customers and to make them buy from you again and again, you have to learn to do it wisely and avoid the mistakes that condemn other marketers to failure:
- buying lists – you end up mailing abandoned addresses or people that never heard of you and have no interest in your niche.
- mixing contacts – you can’t deliver interesting content if you don’t target your audience according to their interests
- aggressive campaigns – if your prospects feel they are pushed to pull something out of their pockets, they will unsubscribe quicker than shit off a shovel
- common titles – if your title isn’t catchy, it doesn’t make your prospect curious, your email will be either deleted or left for later (and usually deleted later)
What should you do instead?
Well, you can:
- Organize your list in groups using tags, according to your prospects interests (the email marketing service you choose MUST offer this feature)
- Offer valuable information (4 times more free educational content than sales offers)
- Learn how to create catchy titles that increase your emails opening rate.
Actually, to do the things even easier for you, I’ll give you one of my tools – the checklist I use to be sure that every email I send has all the elements it needs to perform.
When your email will have all the elements specified in this checklist, you’ll see that:
- The opening rate will visibly increase
- The clicks rate will also increase
- You’ll get more sales generated by your email marketing
- The unsubscribing rate will visibly decrease
If you are an experienced digital entrepreneur, you don’t need it, but for those that have just started their journey in email marketing, it will be a very useful tool.